If you’re an incoming freshmen majoring in culinary food science, pre-diet and exercise, pre-dietetics, food science, or nutritional science you are invited to sign up and become part of this learning community.
What is it
The learning community is a year-long program for incoming first-year students. You will take common courses with other students in the learning community, interact with peer mentors, and attend a variety of social activities and field trips to enhance your college experience.
- Great way to meet students with similar interests as you
- Make connections with peer mentors and faculty
- Explore career-related opportunities early in your college career
- Enhance your learning by taking courses with others in the learning community
- Option to live with members in the same residence hall
How to join
Sign up during your summer orientation. It’s that easy!
If you’re interested in living with other members of the community, you’ll need to sign up for the residential learning community option by clicking on the “Learning Community” tab when filling out the Department of Residence contract on AccessPlus.