The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at Iowa State University is an RN-to-BSN program, designed for those who are already a Registered Nurse (RN), and desire to further their nursing career and education at the next level. This unique, campus-based program is designed to meet the needs of the working nurse by providing a hybrid mode of learning in which students need only attend one day per week (synchronous online or face-to-face). The remainder of the course content is completed independently online.
The RN-to-BSN program at Iowa State is unique in its curriculum.
Iowa State’s coursework and hands-on learning opportunities make it so that graduates are capable of not only applying their education, but using their real world experiences to inspire innovation in their places of care. At Iowa State, students of the program will be challenged to:
- enhance the health promotion and disease prevention role of registered nurses
- apply nursing science and patient-centered care for helping people stay healthier longer
- focus on the culture of health for nurses, individuals and communities
- demonstrate the continuum of care, from a nurse’s self-care to patient care to community and population health
The ISU RN-to-BSN program benefits nurses in all areas of practice by providing:
- the knowledge and skills needed to understand and apply evidence-based nursing practice and experience the wealth of research conducted at ISU
- opportunities to engage with campus health programs, the student population, and the surrounding community
- development of leadership skills to enhance practice and prepare for career advancement
- local, domestic, and international practicum opportunities
- a strong core of nursing coursework complemented by ISU courses in areas of study supporting individual career goals
- emphasis areas that include nutrition and wellness, health coaching, gerontology, leadership and management
Mission & Vision
Click here to view the RN-to-BSN mission and vision
Student Learning Outcomes
Click here to view the student learning outcomes
View class syllabi
Program Outcomes & Evaluation
Click here to view Nursing Faculty
Why Nursing at Iowa State?
This RN-to-BSN program is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing, the Iowa Board of Regents, and the Higher Learning Commission.
Effective October 12, 2020, this nursing program is a candidate for initial accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. This candidacy status expires on October 12, 2022.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326