What is it?
This learning community is a semester-long learning group that is designed to assist students in transitioning to the Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN) Department through opportunities to engage with other peers and faculty members in the department. This learning community is coordinated by an academic adviser in the program. Peer mentors help plan activities and are available to answer questions and provide support as needed.
Through this experience, students have the advantages of:
- Developing the academic skills needed for success at Iowa State University
- Learning quickly about their major, student and professional organizations related to their major, and opportunities in the career field
- Enjoying a core group of students that share their interests and major
- Building networks of other transfer students and faculty in their department
- Participating in social, professional, service learning, and study groups to enhance their experience at Iowa State
How to join
Students sign up for the learning community by enrolling in section 2 or 3 of FS HN 110: Professional and Educational Preparation.