Application and Admission
During the fall of the junior year of pre-diet and exercise, interested students must apply for admission to the Diet and Exercise Bachelor of Science and Master of Science program.
Application. To be considered for admission to the program students complete the B.S. and M.S. Diet and Exercise Application and submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline. Applications for admission are due October 1 of each year, and students are notified of their acceptance into the program by November 15 of each year.
Admission to the program is based upon:
- GPA. A GPA of 3.5 or higher is recommended.
- GRE general test scores. The recommended combined verbal and quantitative score is 300 or above. The recommended analytical score is 4.0 or above.
- Completion of required coursework.
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one recommendation from a faculty member is required.
- Letter of application. Must state professional goals and research area of interest.
Students not accepted into the program have the option to continue coursework to complete an undergraduate degree in dietetics or kinesiology and health.
Need More Information?
220 Mackay Hall
2302 Osborn Drive
Ames, IA 50011-1078