Students interested in pursuing graduate studies in Food Science and Technology must:
- Meet the Iowa State University Graduate College admission standards and requirements,
- Secure a letter of commitment from a Food Science and Technology faculty member
- Apply for admission using the electronic application form
- Be accepted by the Food Science and Technology Graduate Admissions, Recruitment, and Advisory Committee.
To obtain a letter of commitment, interested students should apply for an open research or assistantship position and submit the materials required for the position using the contact information provided in the position description. Participating faculty will review the materials and contact applicants.
The following materials will be required when submitting the electronic application form:
- Iowa State University Graduate College Application
- Letter of Commitment indicating degree pursued, the extent of financial support, and duration of support
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Official academic transcripts from each college or university currently or previously attended. (Official transcripts from Iowa State University are not required.)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members and/or employers
- References whose names and e-mail addresses are submitted with the application form will be sent instructions on how to submit their letter electronically
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS
Accepted candidates will be contacted by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
Graduate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis contingent on the availability of open positions. To obtain a letter of commitment, interested students should apply for an open research or assistantship position and submit the materials required for the position using the contact information provided in the position description. Currently available positions can be found below, please scroll down.
Currently Available Positions
Currently, there are no open positions
Need More Information?
220 Mackay Hall
2302 Osborn Drive
Ames, IA 50011-1078